- If Greenland's entire ice were to melt, global sea levels would rise by 7.2 metres
- Between 34 and 80 fish species have become extinct since the late 19th century, 6 since 1970 because of global warming.
- At the rate our climate is changing, the world will soon be warmer than it has ever been in the last 10,000 years.
- The amount of oxygen produced by an acre of trees per year equals the amount consumed by 18 people annually.
- We can stop the release of 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide gas, if we cut down our garbage by 10%.
- By eating less meat we can reduce the amount of methane that is sent into the atmosphere! Methane is the second most significant greenhouse gas. Cows exhale methane with every breath because of their grassy diet and multiple stomachs.
- If our earth gets any warmer, 40 years from now we will only be able to grow half of the almonds and walnuts that we are growing now!
Facts about Global Warming
Labels: Go Green